(Click on paintings or drawings below to view larger size.)



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Studio Atelier December 2010 Painting Project (first stages)

I had planned to work on a second Co Clare painting this morning when the Studio Atelier caught my eye. I put Barb Benik's photograph on my TV and couldn't resist taking out my oil paints and giving it a go, right away.



Link to Studio AtelierI know I should hold back more at the beginning because I wind up having to fix things later on and, in this case, the perspective turned out to be more challenging than I thought. I also need to take time to squeeze out all the colours on my palette, get a clean rag, pour out some fresh Low Odour Thinner, etc, but (as usual) I never thought I'd be painting all day.
The photograph (which is fantastic, I repeat) somehow seems to just paint itself... :)
See my progress below (Day One):



Day Two:

(Still working on this one!)

1 comment:

  1. It's already great! Doesn't need anything more!
    I love the way you paint and the photos of the several stages of paintings you post.
    Congratulations!
    Happy New Year!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete